The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have a little nano I want to start up and have some leftover normal AS from a previous setup. I would like a more fine substrate but will I lose too many nutrients by crushing the aquasoil into finer particles? I dont want to shell out $15 for some powder AS when Im only going to use 2 handfuls of it. The tank is a 6 inch cube btw. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
It's sort of a soft substrate. How are you going to crush it?

It's dry right? If not it would probably turn to mud.

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, its dry. I was going to put it in a glad "tough" bag and "grind" it with one of those things you grind pepper with. I have no idea what its called. looks like this:

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Yes, its dry. I was going to put it in a glad "tough" bag and "grind" it with one of those things you grind pepper with. I have no idea what its called. looks like this:
"mortar and pestle"

Try a small batch first, may make mud.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
smaller then eco.....

I wouldn't think it to work since it's baked together or whatever it is. I don't see any harm in trying......wait.

·
Registered
1,924 Posts
Naw, it doesn't work.........

Aquasoil Amazonia....

Aquasoil meets it's maker....

Aqasoil after the meeting.....

Crushed Aquasoil in a bit of water.....

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
HAHAHAHAH I know I know. fish gallery and city pets are out of it and ADG I wouldnt get it until tuesday. I need it SATURDAY!

·
Registered
48 Posts
So does Aqua Soil turn to mud over time or only when you introduce it to 'it's maker' ? I'm kind of interested in the lifespan of this stuff as opposed to eco.
Gah, saw your reply to my other post, Marc. Thanks for the info. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts