The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know there are hundreds of answers on this but it's very mixed. I get answer from "yes they do interbreed" and "no they do not".

I also checked the charts people made about which type of shrimp interbreed and clearly Tiger and CRS do not.

So I really don't know what to believe in. Currently housing 50 Tigers and just bought 10 juvies CRS. If they will interbreed I will start another tank and house the CRS separately.

So anyone has experiences on this issue? I would like to shred some lights on the matter. Thank!

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
What chart did you see that said they wouldn't breed? Cause I've come across many charts and every chart says they do. I have tibees currently but they are super tiger x wild bee. But yes, CRS can most definitely cross with tigers. Now that is CAN...not to be confused with WILL. Some folks report their tigers breed with other tigers while CRS stick with other CRS while in a mixes tank...but the ability for them to interbreed is definite...as to whether they actually choose them as mates, well, that depends on the shrimp;)

·
Registered
805 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank guys. I'll wait a while to set up new tank for the right parameter just in case. If they do interbreed and result is not what I wanted I will do a switch over.

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
CRS and Wine Reds will breed together...which is fine if that's what you want but since you were asking about CRS and Tigers not sure if you are wanting species that can't breed together or not. If you want CRS you need to go with neos, malawas, amanos something that can't interbreed. CRS, CBS, Goldens, Tigers (Super, regular, OEBT, Black, Tangerine, Red), Taiwan Bees (red wines, BKK, bolts, etc) can all interbreed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.