The Planted Tank Forum banner

Shrimps compatible with CO2 injected CRS tank : )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My 12G had been established for a good while now and I would like to add more to it than just CRS just to have more "movement". Currently I only have 18 CRS in that tank and compared to its bio-load, it is not very much.

I would like something that has good contrast not only to the CRS, but to the HC carpet as well, so I will need your help! :biggrin:

Tank parameters are:
* TDS: 102-250ppm
* Chlorine: 0
* Ammonia: 0
* Nitrate/Nitrite: 0 / 0
* Temp Range (no heater): 64-78F
* pH: 6.3-6.8
* kH: 3-6 / gH: 4-10
* Lights on 8 hours per day (10:00AM-12:30AM) (3:00PM-5:30PM) & (8:30PM-11:30PM)
* CO2 is ON - most of the time - (0.5-1 bps)

Possible candidates I have listed on the poll. If there any other recommendations please do list :icon_wink

*Key for candidates: Compatibility (non-aggressive nature/won't interbred), size (CRS size or smaller) and affordability ($6 or less each).

·
Registered
41 Posts
First let me say your tank looks AWESOME!! Great job on the layout/scape.

I would not get red rilis or snowballs as you already have red and white shrimp. Blue pearls might look nice in there, but I love yellows.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think the red Rili would pop more with all that green then the blues.

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
I think pumpkin shrimp would be cool in there. They would contrast with EVERYTHING you have in there, the only concern I would have would be the low pH. You say 6-6.5, how exact are you on that measurement? Because 6.5 would probably be ok for neocaridina, but 6 would definitely not be OK.

Any neocaridina at 6 pH would probably not breed or be happy.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I would love to have some BKK but I am not experienced enough to keep those yet. I can't even get my SSS's to breed. The highest I could get to bred are SS's and those babies died 1 week since they hatched because I was ignorant enough to do a 20% W/C when they were only 1 week old. Lesson learned for that won't happen again...

Anyways, I really like yellows but my experience with them in the past is, if I feed them spinach they will turn green. Errr...

I really like the idea of the the rest though...

The 6.0 is only sometimes (more like rarely for a short period). Once in a long while when I have to adjust the CO2 again because it slowed down and turned the knob a bit too much. Mostly between 6.5ish - 7.

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hard to decide still. Hoping to get more votes so I can narrow down my choices : )

·
Premium Member
706 Posts
Snowballs! I think it would really stand out to have such a white population against that beautiful scape of yours! Props!

·
Premium Member
3,408 Posts
I have blue pearls with my CRS and it looks really good. I hated the blue pearls at first but they definitely grew on me and add an awesome contrast between the two.

·
Registered
6,169 Posts
Haha wow close race in votes!

·
Banned
4,901 Posts
I would say Blue pearls... but the blue rili are def. a bit bluer..

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The race is really close. Still no obvious winner. Lol

·
2,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Still taking on votes! : )

1 - 20 of 36 Posts