The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i always thought that if i house CRS & RCS together they will breed. I read on a post somewhere here, that it's ok to house them together because they will NOT breed. can someone clarify?

also, i checked the compatibility chart from shrimpfarm - http://www.theshrimpfarm.com/articles/dwarf-shrimp-compatibility-chart.php

and saw that the CRS and tiger shrimps have a X in their compatibility. Does this mean they'll breed?! maybe i'm misinterpreting the chart - i thought the green diamond meant they'll breed together..

please confirm!

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
CRS + RCS = nothing since they don't interbreed, two different species

CRS+tiger = mutt, they will interbreed as they're the same species, offspring could be all kinds of f'd and most don't make it long.

There was a post a few years ago where 1 person said they mated a CRS with an RCS, but no pics, no one else has been able to do it, ect meant it was a no-go.I've kept rcs and CRS together for a yr now and nothing.

·
Registered
1,652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ah crap... -__- i must've confused myself somehow back when i started this. good thing i only have one tiger with the CRS now.. going to move it! :D

so i'm assuming a fire red and yellow will breed since they're same species yea?

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
ah crap... -__- i must've confused myself somehow back when i started this. good thing i only have one tiger with the CRS now.. going to move it! :D

so i'm assuming a fire red and yellow will breed since they're same species yea?
Yes, yellows, reds, greens, blue pearls are all neo species and will breed mostly "wild" color neo's which are just brown.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.