The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone help me to start my shrimp collection... looking for anything other than ghost shrimp... I would probably have to maill you either cash or a check and just have them mailed here... thanks guys!!!

·
Registered
127 Posts
I just called Keys... they do not nor have they carried any other species of freshwater shrimp other than Amanos. They will order special requests when they can find them on their distributor lists however so they are a good place to check out. As for Cherries, I sold some to Neptune's and I understand they still have some in stock.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Don't mean to thread hijack here, but I'm not familiar with Keys Island (mostly since I'm over two hours away), but will be in town for the CAS and would like to know what all they carry (general fish store, or more specialized?). CA/SA cichlids, SAE's, tetras, etc... What do you guys think of them, good store, clean healthy fish, etc??

·
Registered
127 Posts
Decent store. Pretty good selection of fish. I havent been in a while but they have both fresh and reef with probably 1/2 to 2/3 being salty. I have not seen SAEs there however. For African and some SA/CA try Golden Fish or Pet World. Tetras and plants try Neptune's. Not too many places carry a good selection of SA/CAs... What are looking for? I have some Nics and Geos.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Sorry I had my shrimp ID wrong. As for Key's not really impressed with the fresh water. They had several sick tanks but with the weather and shipping I don't think thats avoidable. The owner is a reef guy,and it shows in the focus of the store. But if you are looking for java moss they are the place to go (locally) but other plants there isn't much to choose from.

I have been spoiled as I lived in PA for 3 years and having That Fish Place as my LFS and a couple of really excellent stores about an hour away in Baltimore so I am hard to please. The prices after having TFP as my LFS about gave me a heart attack as the mail order/ online prices for TFP are the same or lower in the store.

My favorite LFS here is Premier Fish and Reef, they are suppose to be getting better about plants and should have their shipment of ADA in by now. Some of their dry goods are better than others and some are higher but over all I am more impressed with them over an other store I have been to in the area.

I have yet to make it to the place in Fort Collins but I will make up there soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.