The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i kinda bought crs out the blue.. and they're arriving on thurs or fri.. i was wondering if i can place them in a 2.5g tank with a used sponge filter (for beneficial bacteria) with distilled water.. do you guys think this could work?

i'm gonna put some x mas moss or flame moss on a drift wood or a slate.. should i put some cheap gravel if i just want them to breed?

my only experience with shrimps are with rcs in a 2.5g.. and bamboo shrimps and amanos in my biocube.. thanks..

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
but other than that, is the setup habitable for crs? and is it a possible breeding tank or i should transfer them somewhere larger like a 10g?

·
Registered
119 Posts
Seems like it would get really crowded really fast...that and water params would be a nightmare to maintain once they start really multiplying.

·
Registered
833 Posts
I had some CRS is a 3 galllon tank, I originally used the tank to house my culls. Before I knew it they started breeding in there. The thing about small tanks is the water parameters can change fast.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Straight distilled? I thought that needed to be buffered.

Also, it doesn't sound like this tank is cycled. I know you have the used sponge filter, but I'd watch your feeding habits and tank parameters closely.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i'm cycling is as of now.. and using 50% of the water from my cycled tank.. and maybe when they arrive, i'll just put them in my fire reds just to acclimate..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts