The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
It actually describes and indicates what a tigre tooth is accurately, it's just not accurate in why it's called a tiger tooth. The nomenclature comes from the white "fang" going up, not two red fangs coming down.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It actually describes and indicates what a tigre tooth is accurately, it's just not accurate in why it's called a tiger tooth. The nomenclature comes from the white "fang" going up, not two red fangs coming down.
Ahhh. Thanks for that incite. I really appreciate you clearing that up. Will fix.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
so.... it was wrong. Like I mentioned on another forum, a shrimp could have two red "fangs" comming down with out the white tiger tooth. Sometimes where the tiger tooth should be there is a open colorless space.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
so.... it was wrong. Like I mentioned on another forum, a shrimp could have two red "fangs" comming down with out the white tiger tooth. Sometimes where the tiger tooth should be there is a open colorless space.
Cool. I will fix that description later. How do you like the rest of the grading guide?

-Ryan

·
Registered
466 Posts
So ... um ... what is a black daimond?
That is just another name ] people call CRS that have black and white stripes rather then the red and white. All CRS came from black diamonds or Bees
Here is alittle info about CRS.

In 1996, Mr Hisayasu Suzuki of Japan discovered a red form of Caridina sp. 'bee' among the usual black form offspring. He registered "Crystal Red Shrimp" as his trademark for this autosomal recessive red mutation of the normal bee shrimp. This red shrimp has gained popularity since then and has further refined by the founder and other breeders to produce specimens with larger white patches and intensified red. CRS gained big popularity in Japan and spread world-wide.

I hope this helps :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.