The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm new to the shrimp scene. When people want to breed tons of CRS, what is the ultimate goal?

Sell?
Trade?
Feeders?
Place in display tank?

Why so many shrimp!!!?? :icon_eek:

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
JUST THE GLORY OF IT ALL! and they are so beautiful!

Also it gives lots and lots of cash :-D.

FEEDERS?! ARE YOU SERIOUS?!

And to distribute this very beautiful shrimp to as many people as possible.

And perhaps to slowly get a higher grade hehe.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you buy high grade RCS shrimp, do they breed true and produce mostly the same grade offspring? (with a few lesser quality and better quality than the parents of course).

I think I am starting to understand. :)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
for me the goal is to make a more colorfull ingredient for my mother inlaws kimchi chigae. Man its tasty

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
And you said RCS grades? RCS don't have grades.

RCS= Red Cherry Shrimp($1-$2 each)
CRS= Crystal Red Shrimp($10+ each)
:thumbsup:
RCS will have grades sooner or later... When I have enough space.. (5-10 years down the road probably...)

CRS prices usually start at about $5 for B-C grades from Brian's Tropicals. Add in shipping express and it's $75 for 10 shrimp. Otherwise they're like $6 per w/out shipping.

I breed just for fun. Then there is experience that comes with it. Money is good also since it can help me support my hobby, but I don't think that should be the thing that pushes people to breed CRS. They're not extremely easy so Don't fool around with them.

-Andrew

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
send some this way!!!!!
you guys dont even know. Every 3 months my mother inlaw buys about 70lbs of cabbage and beets. We sit there for like 8 hours and make kimchi. Let me tell you that there is no such thing as eating to much kimchi, well maybe the day after. I have a constant supply of kimchi, from fresh to 3 months fermented.

·
Registered
65 Posts
you guys dont even know. Every 3 months my mother inlaw buys about 70lbs of cabbage and beets. We sit there for like 8 hours and make kimchi. Let me tell you that there is no such thing as eating to much kimchi, well maybe the day after. I have a constant supply of kimchi, from fresh to 3 months fermented.
hey hey hey, not to threadjack, but i DO know. im usually buying and dropping off the cabbage to moms...... but when you gots good kimchi in your fridge constantly, you really cant complain.
:)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I think there should be classes of RCS. I have some that are SS and some that are lower, I also am working on a strain of Cherry that has a really strong red body with a bright mauve stripe down their back.

·
Registered
889 Posts
I think there should be classes of RCS. I have some that are SS and some that are lower, I also am working on a strain of Cherry that has a really strong red body with a bright mauve stripe down their back.
Yeah, I have seen some that are extremely red! Truly beautiful and others that are mildly red, others with stripes on their back, etc. I am just saying that technically RCS aren't SOLD by grades like CRS are.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Good to know someone else is working with them!

Yeah, I have seen some that are extremely red! Truly beautiful and others that are mildly red, others with stripes on their back, etc. I am just saying that technically RCS aren't SOLD by grades like CRS are.
They will be sooner or later... I'm working on a strain with yellow toned males... Looks much better than the normal ones!

My 10g was redone yesterday for CRS.... probably 2-3 months it will be all theirs.

-Andrew

1 - 19 of 19 Posts