The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I havent really taken notice to my CRS lately as ive been busy, but after feeding them today, i notice TONS of babies!

I started with about 12 CRS and 3 BD a couple months ago, and i just counted 70+ juveniles, plus 4 more pregnant shrimp.

Ive noticed that in the batch I have about 10-15 BD's. Should I remove these to avoid too many later on or should I just keep them all in the same tank?

Let me know what you guys suggest.

Thanks,
Jimmy

·
Registered
243 Posts
CRS breeding as fast as RCS

Congratulations on your success, a great achievement. If I was as fortunate, I would consider the tank size they were bred in and determine if it is necessary to thin out your colony to detour an unfortunate loss or shut down of breeding due to overpopulation. Then I would also consider raising a separate breeding colony from the best ones out of the group to improve the grades. Something to consider.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you have too many, id suggest doing what ^ says. the leftovers you dont like, i m sure you can find many folks around the bay that will take them off your hands for a beer, a burger, a shot, some cash.:proud:

you might even want to consider selling some locally.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yep... sigh.... pick a price and start selling off the ones you don't like.

::pokes her 4 little crs with a stick::

I think I have all boys or all girls.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
Yep... sigh.... pick a price and start selling off the ones you don't like.

::pokes her 4 little crs with a stick::

I think I have all boys or all girls.
Hah, thats the same thing I was thinking about mine... But now most of them have saddles... Even another reason to hurry up on the CRS tank...

The Diamonds thing is a personal preference, I personally like them more than CRS! I would leave them in maybe you won't it's your choice really!

Congrats!
-Andrew

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
not exactly 2 months. More like 5-6 months, but i had a lot of juveniles after 2 months. They are now a decent size.

As for seperating them, i already have a new 10g setup that is cycling where i will put the lower grades.

Hopefully they will keep breeding at this rate!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts