The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
1,801 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just saw Crystal red babies in my tank, but they look like crystal Blacks. shouldnt the look red and white?

·
Premium Member
7,997 Posts
They can look black too. If each of your adult CRS had a CBS in their lineage, there could be CBS offspring from CRS/CRS.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I've had some that look like CBS when they were really tiny but turned out to be CRS. I guess the color was concentrated in such a small area it was hard to tell if it was CRS or CBS.

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Out of my few remaining shrimplets I have still, one almost looked black but has lightened up some, so until its grown up, you probably can't judge too much.

Now if I knew how to keep more than 4 shrimplets alive, I may have a better idea, but alas, I haven't found the top secret website no one wants to share :(

·
Registered
453 Posts
Well when you find this top secret website......clue me in too... Lol!

I just bought some SS grade crs x snow white.........most are SS brown crystals......and I love them!! Don't despair......that CBS gene is needed to get to the rare Taiwan bee colors...... Just sayin'.............

·
Registered
5,116 Posts
Well when you find this top secret website......clue me in too... Lol!

I just bought some SS grade crs x snow white.........most are SS brown crystals......and I love them!! Don't despair......that CBS gene is needed to get to the rare Taiwan bee colors...... Just sayin'.............
I have a nice SS brown no-hino too. Looks really neat.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts