The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my CRS babies are getting bigger and bigger daily. I lost a few of the adults, but since I had 2 berried females from shawn (thanks!) I now have about 20 little ones swimming around...

At first it was hard to tell, but now that they are getting bigger a few of them seem to be missing their stripes? Is this normal? most of them all have nice red strips, but about 5 have a small dot where the 3rd strips would be and 1 doesn't have that last strip at all? Not sure if this means they are sick or what, but they don't look as nice as the other ones with all that extra white. Will their strips grow in as they get older or are they just stuck that way?

·
Registered
469 Posts
hahahah~~~maybe you could show us some photos of your CRS.
about 5 have a small dot where the 3rd strips would be <==OMG....Are they Hinomaru or not????? I remember you just get some S grade from me....
1 doesn't have that last strip at all?<==can't be possible ....this one is mosura??????? NO~~~><~~~~~no way.............
If they are very active and searching food, that definitely not they are sick.
Maybe you are the luck guys, cause I know those shrimp did carry really great gene.

·
Registered
467 Posts
hahahah~~~maybe you could show us some photos of your CRS.
about 5 have a small dot where the 3rd strips would be <==OMG....Are they Hinomaru or not????? I remember you just get some S grade from me....
1 doesn't have that last strip at all?<==can't be possible ....this one is mosura??????? NO~~~><~~~~~no way.............
If they are very active and searching food, that definitely not they are sick.
Maybe you are the luck guys, cause I know those shrimp did carry really great gene.
Yes, can you post pics if there is a lot of white, they may be higher grade ones.I am curious to see them as well.
John

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My camera doesn't do good so not sure if these will work. But if you want I will give you back the white ones. BTW the ones I got where SSS not S. :)

·
Registered
408 Posts
Most digital cameras have a macro option, you can turn it on by fiddling with the button that has a picture of a flower on it

·
Registered
472 Posts
Holy resolution batman! Are you trying to pull something on us? After scrolling left and right and up and down, I could see exactly zero shrimp in your pictures.

Try:
Turning the room lights off
Turning the flash off
Taking pictures with the tank light only
Using a tripod (if you have one)
Using macro mode
Cropping the pictures to just show the shrimp

and...

Scaling the pictures so they look OK on the forum.

Please take this as constructive criticism, I want to see your shrimp.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I saved the pictures to my computer where I was able to veiw them and to me it looks like you are going to have some nice shrimp their. The more white the shrimp has the more they are worth :)

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I saved the pictures to my computer where I was able to veiw them and to me it looks like you are going to have some nice shrimp their. The more white the shrimp has the more they are worth :)

How can you tell? haha. I see the shrimp, but they are so blurry. Realistically no one can tell anything from those pictures. Please try and take some new pictures.

·
Registered
477 Posts
If you're not going to use the macro mode on your camera, use a regular magnifying glass to take pictures of the shrimp. That's what I do everytime, they'll be more clear, just takes a couple seconds of adjusting.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My camera is a new kodak one and I couldn't find the macro setting. Actually it's my girls so I hardly ever use it. I tried taking pics in the past (same problem) with over 10 differnt presens and they never got better. The shrimp are really huge now and out of the 5 that didn't have a lot of red 2 have some type of red dot area, one has something close, but the red dot is VERY small and the others just have a weird half red strip. I'm not raising these to breed so I don't really care about value I just wasn't sure if it's normal. Biggest problem with my tank now is a have a whole bunch of these flee like things swimming around very fast..

Not sure where they came from, but I can't get them out using a air hose because they are really fast!!

Anyone know how to get rid of the flee things? They don't seem to bother the shrimp, but they do it the left over food and seem to be reproducing VERY fast and have taken over the tank :angryfire

·
Registered
845 Posts
LGHT: I don't which Kodak dig cam you are using, but Kodak likes to place the lil buttons on the topside of the camera for those kind of modes. Is there a lil button with decals of a "flower" and "mountain". If so, you want to have the "flower" mode. If selected properly, it should also display in your viewer window.

Which Kodak cam is it btw? I own 2 dig cams.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
LGHT: I don't which Kodak dig cam you are using, but Kodak likes to place the lil buttons on the topside of the camera for those kind of modes. Is there a lil button with decals of a "flower" and "mountain". If so, you want to have the "flower" mode. If selected properly, it should also display in your viewer window.

Which Kodak cam is it btw? I own 2 dig cams.
Thanks for the tip. I'll have to look for it. Not sure of the model I don't use it much if at all. It's all black VERY slim and does really good video. I think it has 5mp setting. It has a ton of presets, but none of them ever help unless you use the at night ones.

·
Registered
990 Posts
LIGHT where in L.A. are you my camera takes great macro pics i bought it just for that purpose I can stop by and take them for you. BTW let me know if you have any lower gades for sale cuz i wanna try some on my nano.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
LIGHT where in L.A. are you my camera takes great macro pics i bought it just for that purpose I can stop by and take them for you. BTW let me know if you have any lower gades for sale cuz i wanna try some on my nano.
Thanks for the offer. I actually have a friend that was going to take pics with his $3k camera, but since my tank hasn't had a trim in a while I haven't bothered. I just wanted to take a couple of quick snaps, but no matter what my camera just doesn't want to work with me!!

I currenltly only have about 30-35 so i'm waiting until I get a few more before I start letting go of the lower grades. See if kangshiang has any. I got mine from him so he may have some he's willing to get rid of.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts