The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20L tank with CO2 and aquasoil where I have a few CRS and some RCS. They just sem to be swimming around a lot in the tank so i just wanted to make sure the CO2 or something isn't to high. I am not sure what the signs are of a stressed out shrimp. Thanks.

·
Registered
7,228 Posts
They're probably fine. My shrimp always seem to move around a LOT after a WC or if some females have released hormones into the water... Generally its males and females w/out eggs that are always swimming around a lot. If the preggo females start doing laps there might be a problem...

But shrimp will swim:hihi:

-Andrew

·
Premium Member
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am using mainly RO water in the tank but i dont test pH regularly at all....I am red/green colorblind so I have a really hard time reading those tests :)

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
Your shrimp are moving around a lot because they are getting ready to mate. When a female is ready it drive all the males nuts. You shoud see some shrimp with eggs soon.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I am using mainly RO water in the tank but i dont test pH regularly at all....I am red/green colorblind so I have a really hard time reading those tests :)
An inexpensive pH meter with digital display would be a good choice for you.

Using mostly RO water without balancing the hardness and injecting CO2 is a recipe for a pH crash that would be deadly to your shrimp.

Shrimp certainly swim around, but if they are all furiously circling the tank, that is a sign of stress, especially when water conditions are not suitable for them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts