The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all my planted tank friends. I bought this beast of a tank because it was a great deal and I love the way it makes my discus look. Once I got it home and setup I realized it's much hard to scape than your typical rectangle style tanks. Let me know your thoughts, advice or any other words of wisdom that could be used to help make this tank amazing.

·
Registered
318 Posts
your tank looks good I would add some red plants I have Discus to just keep up on your water changes and youll be fine. if you need any info on Discus go to SimplyDiscus.com go to the Message Board to join youll learn alot about Discus keeping good luck with your tank.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
your tank looks good I would add some red plants I have Discus to just keep up on your water changes and youll be fine. if you need any info on Discus go to SimplyDiscus.com go to the Message Board to join youll learn alot about Discus keeping good luck with your tank.
Thanks! Great idea on the red plants. I will look into it. As for the discus I have been keeping them for a while now so already a member of SD and do very regular water changes. Usually 50% several times weekly.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
The discus add enough color. I think your tank looks fine without red plants.

That thin piece of wood on the right isn't really adding anything right now. It's kind of just there. Since you already have some anubis attached to it, however, it would probably be preferable to figure out how to incorporate that wood into a cohesive visual feature than remove it entirely.
A medium sized tallish rock added slightly off center, with your two current pieces of drift wood banked up against it as if snagged on the bottom of a river or pond would look very nice. This would work particularly well with the moss and anubis you have already attached. Planting some cuttings from your stem plants in the center of this tangle would add a great wild look.

It's also always good to have a plant species occur in bunches multiple times in different parts of your tank. Most species of aquatic plant look best if they are a reoccurring theme in the tank.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Agree the driftwood isnt helping. The tank definitely needs some, just that particular piece doesnt compliment the tank as well as another could.

Having said that i really like the tank and the plants. The tank style really highlights the discus. Im really nitpicky with scapes and my initial impression was very positive

1 - 5 of 5 Posts