The Planted Tank Forum banner

Credit Unions

855 views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  mgamer20o0 
I havent dealt with my CU regarding loans, but i found them to be the most reasonable RE: savings accounts. I have a basic student checking account paired with a basic savings account at both a regular FDIC insured bank and a CU. The one with the FDIC bank only allows 3 online transfers a month while the CU allows me to transfer at will. The FDIC bank has a tendency to put my withdrawals in front of my deposits, causing me to run into overdraft fees every once in a while. I've never had that happen at the CU. My FDIC bank charges $2 for any other bank's business done at their ATM, the CU charges nothing. Honestly, I'm very happy with both (my FDIC bank just caught and handled a fraud on my account with nothing more than needing me to sign at the bottom of a paper), but the CU is much more customer oriented IMHO. By the way (not to get too off topic), it's always good to have more than one account/card to draw from. I was lucky when one of my debit cards was declined (i had deposited some money by check and it hadn't gone through yet), so i used my other card and was good to go. Otherwise i wouldn't have been able to get dinner that night.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.