The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone
This am I went over to fishtown and picked up 12 threadfin rainbow. They are crazy! They haven't stopped chasing eachother and flashing since I put them in the tank. They chase the glow light tetra and my sparkling gourami. I put a tall plastics plant(yuck) in the tank hoping this would help calm them down. I thought they were peaceful fish? Once they settle in will they calm down? They ate so their not hungry they show no interest in my loaches or oto. This is nothing like I expected.
Patrick

·
Registered
594 Posts
I don't have those but I do have Red Iriani Rainbows,gertrudea, they also flash each other but do leave other tank inhabitants alone. Give them a few days to see if they settle. Rainbows in general I think are quick swimming fish, didn't think the threadfins would start with other fish in the tank. Maybe it's a territorial thing but they did come into an established tank. Gang mentality, they want to take over. I'm sure someone will chime in with more info that might be helpful. Sorry Patrick, hope it works itself out, if not give them a call and see if you can return them if things don't get better.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks furnfins I added a cpl more fake plants in their still crazy. One of the main reasons I went with them is because of the gourami. The flashing I like but I hope they leave the gourami alone. Like you said maybe they are just figureing out who's the boss. They were so well behaved at the petshop lol

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.