The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a high tech 240 that's been up and running over two years. Everything in on an Apex so there should be very little variation in anything (macros, micros, matricide, and CO2). All of the sudden a big section of my crypts that have been in there the whole time have melted. Any ideas?????

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pH

6.5 before 1pt drop when CO2 is injected. The section that has melted is wendtii and pontederifolia. I have two other big sections of wendtii that are totally unaffected (for now at least!)

·
snails are your friend
3,093 Posts
I've experienced this more than a few times. New lights have been the culprit in at least a couple of cases. I replaced my T5 bulbs and lost a 1x2 foot patch of plants in January. That tank had been going with crypts for 11 years. I've often wondered if they aren't supposed to have an emergent dry season and after a certain amount of time submerged just melt and start over. It's beyond frustrating but they've always come back in my own tanks.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume they'll come back just fine. Lights are Kessils, so I doubt that's it. Hopefully it's just a ''thing". Just don't want to lose all my crypts eventually if it's something else!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.