The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

So I've decided to start my Journal here after all the expert here help me to get my tank together.

This is going to house my Apristogramma and his 3 nymphomania wives. a pair of brain damage Amazon puffers.

Here is the Spec that everyone loves.
-ADA 75P tank
-Tawinese stand I bought along with the tank.
-ADA metal jet pipe in & out.
-Eheim 2217
-Eheim surface skimmer
-5lb CO2 with GLA reg. route to inline diffuser.
-Kessil Tune Sun 160WE with spectral controller.

No heater, No Chiller No UV (what's that? lol) No ph controller.
Rather then take a class to learn all the setting. I'd like keep it simple.
here is the pic during the process.
now just await to flood.

any plant suggestion ?

Attachments

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Wow, that is the type of hard scape that deserves a moss covered dry start.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Nice rocks and wood! How much did the stand cost and where did you get it? With your substrate being so low, are you not planning on having any foreground plants?

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Wow, that is the type of hard scape that deserves a moss covered dry start.

You got it !!
Moss are for sure !!
Anubis, Ferns and stem plants at the back.

But not DSM anymore. since all the wood are new, the fungus will grow like crazy so I am prepare for cycle this thing for more then a month at least.
It will going to be fishless, plant less, light less cycle.
Until all the funny stuff gone then I will drain the tank completely and plant. :smile2:

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nice rocks and wood! How much did the stand cost and where did you get it? With your substrate being so low, are you not planning on having any foreground plants?

The stand cost 319.00 plus tax at Aqua Forest Aquarium.
They have Maple, Walnut(Mine), Dark Grey and black.
They have size to suit from 45P and all the way to 120P.

I hope my substrate are not too low. :biggrin: (one inch deep)Maybe the camera angle.
I have debate should I put sand or soil in front because all my fish dig. And the scrape I do are more match likely with sand. But have decide to put soil and grow DHG across the front.

The fish will goes in very last. I need to get the plant sort of establish so the fish won't destroy their playground. :laugh2:

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
With all that hardscape it will be a careful balancing act with less probably being more.
Your plant choice is mostly what I thought of too.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Loving the layout!!! How would I go about finding some of that plastic grid stuff you are using to help add some structural stability to your hardscape??

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Loving the layout!!! How would I go about finding some of that plastic grid stuff you are using to help add some structural stability to your hardscape??

Hey Ishar,

Thank You.

The Plastic grid stuff call "Egg Crate" actually it is a light diffuser.
You can get those at Home Depot.

The other thing you could use are those Drainage cell that use for landscape. People claimed they are more easy to use.

Hope it helps. ;-)

Bump:

Oh I didn't know you lived in Ontario.
I am sure Canadian Tire will have it. ;-)

·
Registered
37 Posts
LOVE that hardscaping!

Oh I didn't know you lived in Ontario.
I am sure Canadian Tire will have it. ;-)
Home Depot has Eggcrate. It's usually in a weird isle up here though. Most of them are in the concrete or insulation Isles.

Reactions: Crazy Bunny

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Aight guys..
it's been way too long... and I think I did took my time. lol.
Anyhow here is some update.

The Kessil light arrived. Now finally flood the tank and the patient game begin. LOL !

See you guys in 2 months !!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts