The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My sister and I just purchased 2 male bettas. They are both from the same store and were both put into their tanks the same way. My fish is doing fine but her's seems to be swimming errratically. I looks like the fish is twitching. It will dart back and forth across the tank, stop, open its mouth wide, act normal and then start all over again. My mother says its just a happy fish but i think otherwise. Please help me fix my sisters betta.

·
Registered
803 Posts
Water ~ good first thing to look at. Are y'all on a well for your water? If not, did your sis make sure to dechlor her water the last time she did a water change?

What other things did your sister put in the tank? Maybe something not aquarium safe? What is she feeding him? I wonder if something he ate got "stuck".

·
Registered
612 Posts
When I first got my betta "curly" I put him into a ten gallon by himself. He was really healthy he just wasn't happy. He spent all day swimming erratically against the side of the tank and wouldn't even stop to eat. I moved him to a little 2gal and he's happier than ever. I can see him resting on the plants and if I get within ten feet he wants me to feed him or play with him. Maybe hers just isn't happy with his tank for some reason? I would check all of the others suggestions before buying him a different tank though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.