i think u should have bigger than 40g to keep 4~5 of them

CPO - they are as big as full grown rcs
but already got pregnant -_-
i think they cant even catch fries
i kept them only 3 weeks now though

·
Registered
365 Posts
I found CPOs to be fragile. I had a pair that didn't make it past a month. Might have just been my tank not being appropriate for them but just a heads up.

I also have marbles crays/marmorkreb. These are self-cloning and only need one to reproduce. I've found these to be virtually indestructible, except when I had a bunch that were being kept in a small tank and one got killed, most likely by each other. I have kept a pair in an unfiltered tank with water changes once every few months and they were still really active. Of course that's not the case anymore, they have a larger filtered tank and plenty of hiding spaces. These aren't good for planted tanks though; they will eat your plants, for me at least.

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
Most of these are territorial to some degree. I started this spring with 4 small crayfish from the stream behind my house (no idea what species.) I now have one large crayfish. It killed and ate the others for certain. That's just my species of course, but you hear much the same from people who keep them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.