The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
Don't know how large the sparkling gouramis get, but if they're only around 1" or so, I would say you could keep a couple of those, along with say 8 - 10 CPD's, and some yellow shrimp. Good filtration and weekly, or so, wcs should do the job.

·
Registered
365 Posts
I would stick with the CPDs. I absolutely love them. It's true though, that they will most likely be hiding most of the time. With that said, I have 5 in a 20L and see them quite often, mostly during feeding time. It all comes down to their personalities I guess.

·
Registered
154 Posts
After a few months my CPD's are out almost all of the time. The tank 10g and heavily planted with an open area in the front middle. I made a few coconut houses for them that sit right along the edge of the open area- pretty much overgrown with moss and sag. Having a place they can get to super quick seems to make them a lot more brave. I keep them with shrimp and ottos only. I only have six because they stick to the bottom and I have soooo many shrimp (who also like to steal the fish food)

They are extremely skiddish, though they are fast swimmers - I would agree to skip the gourami if you are set on CPDs

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
I suspect the sparkling gouramis might eat your shrimp.
Sparkling gouramis are pretty small fish, they reach maybe 1.25" at adult. Both the sparkling gouramis and CPD's will eat baby shrimp if they can catch them. Establish the shrimp in the tank for a few months first so they can learn the hiding places, and provide some moss of any kind, that the babies can hide in.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.