The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Charlie,

Yes of course. The fish was bought about a 3 weeks ago, and after some days it began to grow some kind of abdominal protussion. Area was like in the photo, kind of irritated and red, scales perpendicular to the fish skin. Next day I think that I saw some kind of white point coming out of the protussion (like a pimple), but later it was gone or it was maybe just my imagination. The fish died after 3 days I think... Was really sorry for it and worried for the others, I was fearing that is was some kind of parasite, but after another week the others are healthy... hopefully they stay that way.

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
19 Posts
With a white protrusion like that it sounds like a parasite. I don't know what else it could be. Maybe extreme ammonia stress but if the others aren't showing it then that wouldn't make sense. Hope the others stay healthy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
Something funky in the heart area it seems.
Doubt you will heal that. Small fishes' organs are so tiny and delicate, once it gets any kind of heamorage, necrosis or even growths it is often just a mater of time before it junks the next organ, 2 cells over.

I would terminate the fish to prevent other fish eating from the corpse if it dies in your absence.

Pericardial Effusion and Dilated Cardiomyopathy - read more about it here

http://zebrafish.org/health/diseaseManual.php

·
Registered
4,032 Posts
No problem, it helps me to stay ahead of potential treatment and problems with my own fish.
These days anything danio sized or smaller goes to the tank in the sky as soon as they show any unwellnes.
A good specimen may get a try with Epsom salts in case it is just having digestive problems.

Bookmark that link, it is one of the best disease identification pages out there.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.