The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a DBP 7.5 Cube (12 in.) that is rimless, but has no top. I'm thinking of adding some sparkling gouramis and I don't want them to jump out. Can anyone recommend a good cover for this tank? It doesn't have to be glass; any sturdy material will do.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I have a DBP 7.5 Cube (12 in.) that is rimless, but has no top. I'm thinking of adding some sparkling gouramis and I don't want them to jump out. Can anyone recommend a good cover for this tank? It doesn't have to be glass; any sturdy material will do.
Clear acrylic?

Depends on your lighting too; acrylic might warp under heat from the lights.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
I hadn't thought of that. Thanks! I plan on using the gooseneck 27w 6500k fixture, the one with the quad pin CFL. Do you think that would warp the acrylic?
I don't think it would warp it.

I use a thin piece of acrylic under a similar quad pin CFL (the piece of acrylic is about 2 inches away from the bulb itself), and it has been OK so far. Granted, my light bulb is only 18W, but I don't imagine the extra heat from the 27W fixture would be too much of a problem.

·
Super Moderator
12,114 Posts
Would acrylic be easy or hard to cut? I may need to cut off a small section for my filter.
You can do it with a hacksaw, no problem.

I used a jigsaw because I have one and it was faster :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.