The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Should i be worried? I bought some new fish, might as stocked my tank too fast... first the spots where on the SAE then it came off and dissapeared, but now i see the spots on my pleco....

The fish were introduced to the tank about a week ago... Should i have to dose the tank?? i already have dosed some jungle ick clear but i still see the white spots... Or maybe this isnt a big deal? i read some ick is natural in tanks...]

Should mention that only the pleco has the ich now, only like 2-5 spots... i have like 30 fishes in my tank and the rest look fine without spots

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would recommend getting some frozen foods then grinding up some garlic. Soak the food in some water with the finely ground garlic. The Ich parasite doesn't like to stay in a fish that has been eating garlic. I use this on both my salt and fresh water tanks. I don't waste money on the *treatments* anymore

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
regular garlic out of the fridge?? just chop one up and mix it with food?? you sure this is safe??

·
Registered
106 Posts
Should i be worried? I bought some new fish, might as stocked my tank too fast... first the spots where on the SAE then it came off and dissapeared, but now i see the spots on my pleco....

The fish were introduced to the tank about a week ago... Should i have to dose the tank?? i already have dosed some jungle ick clear but i still see the white spots... Or maybe this isnt a big deal? i read some ick is natural in tanks...]

Should mention that only the pleco has the ich now, only like 2-5 spots... i have like 30 fishes in my tank and the rest look fine without spots
Did you do a water change before dosing medicine? I just had ich in my tank as well and the medicine that i dosed did not help at all because my nitrate/nitrite was high. As soon as i did a water change, it went away after 3-4 days without dosing anything. Also, crank up your heater to at least 82.

·
Registered
210 Posts
regular garlic out of the fridge?? just chop one up and mix it with food?? you sure this is safe??
Yes completely safe. I pull out the food processor and throw acouple cloves in with some water and tilt it on its side so i can get it chopped up as finely as possible. Then take that liquid and garlic and store it in the frige. I like to soak the food over night but if not 15min is good. Then i put it all in my tank after a few days the ich will go away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts