The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Scrap those ideas (no offense pandamonium). If you want to breed something in a 10 gallon with guaranteed success, go with endlers! They are small, colorful and have great personalities. And they breed like guppies, which means you'll have babies in no time. And they don't eat the babies!! You'll have a trillion in no time....

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
No guppies......ENDLERS! hehehe......I hate guppies. I put one guppy in a community tank because my wife wanted one (she saw him in the ADA store and fell in love). He killed about 7 fish in that tank.....ate their tails. I HATE GUPPIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
Just look for sellers who say they have not mixed their endlers and keep them in a tank without other livebearers. I keep black bar endlers myself. I like them a lot. But there's all kinds like lime green (which I saw on the for sale threads here not too long ago), peacocks, snakeskin and tigers. Picking one of those is a matter of taste.

Again, just make sure the seller clearly states that they are not mixed, either class P or class N. Class N are the purest and can be traced back to Asrian HD, who is the "father" of endlers. Class P's are still top notch,they just can't be traced. If you are interested in black bars, let me know. Depending on my schedule and stuff, I may be able to hook you up.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
That's cool. Just look me up when you are ready and if you're interested. My endler population is always expanding, and my males have been coloring up real nicely. Only problem is I get way more females than males. Eventually, this population is going to blow up like China with all those ladies getting preggo. hahaha....

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
They definitely are some nice looking fish. And they are very active. The males are relentless with the females. They just keep going.....and going......and going. It's funny to watch, and it's a good thing the female can't "get pregnant" every single time. hahaha......I think you'd have 17,000 fry within a month!

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
I personally stay away from guppies. I had a bad experience with one male, he was a beautiful fish! That dang thing tore up the tails of half my community tank, and all those fish ended up dying.....including that d-bag! I have no idea why, and it was probably a one-off type thing, but no more for me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts