The Planted Tank Forum banner

Could you please help Id these plants

346 3
Hi guys,

I got a few plants from a colleague but he had no clue what these are.. Most look like anubias to me but could you please help me id these further

Thanks in advance
Leaf Plant Terrestrial plant Flower Groundcover

Plant Leaf Botany Terrestrial plant Organism

Plant Terrestrial plant Wood Grass Groundcover

Plant Groundcover Houseplant Terrestrial plant Grass

Plant Terrestrial plant Grass Flowering plant Houseplant

Water Plant Organism Terrestrial plant Pet supply
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,682 Posts
They're all anubias I think but I'm not sure how to tell them apart.... The smallest ones are usually 'nana petite', the first pic could be barteri, the others I really don't know.... Thing is, plants have a very different look depending on the conditions they're grown in, so your barteri might not look like my barteri, not to mention that all anubias kind of look the same anyway.

·
Registered
2,127 Posts
@LidijaPN ; is correct in saying they’re all Anubias. I’d go one step further and say they are all varieties of Anubias barteri, as are most Anubias varieties commonly available in the hobby. In their current condition it’s tough to tell if any are the full sized A. barteri var. barteri. Id guess the others are ‘nana’ & perhaps ‘nana petite’ with the exception of the last one. It is probably A. barteri var. glabra, which is also found in the hobby as A. minima. There are a couple other options the last one could be but if that was the case, that plant would be fairly young and have a lot of growing left to do.

You might consider attempting to clean the algae off them and give them some nutrients. Looks like they’ve been in a pretty low tech tank and ignored for a while.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.