The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
My neighbor has one of those and she grows herbs in it all winter long. You probably could grow emersed aquatics in there, although I think that I's be more inclined to just use a regular tank for better humidity control around the plants and a more natural presentation.

·
Registered
9,750 Posts
I think you could put together a pretty sweet little emersed plant setup just in a 10, 5 or 2.5-gallon tank. It might be difficult to also put water in something like that, and in that case it would just be a terrarium with wet media at the bottom. Nevertheless so many of those emersed aquatics have such beautiful colors and textures and it could be neat just to display those. I had a blog post form a while back with pictures of the beautiful plants that gmccreedy sent me. His pictures of his emersed growout system are real nice.

You might also be able to grow some of those emersed aquatic plants in that AeroGarden--I just wonder if the air around it would be too dry, especially during the wintertime. Is your house dry during the winter? I think that they sell those AeroGardens with herb seeds so you could also just grow some basil and oregano or whatnot and that would also be some nice happy greenery for your desk and something to put in your spaghetti. Flowers would be nice too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts