The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a job doing data research so I am basically on the net all day. I sometimes just stumble on something that is cool and bookmark it. I found this today:

http://www.aerogardenstore.com/promotion/index.php?promoName=catalog&pageName=compare_gardens&r=1

It seems like it is basically is setup to do just that. They are a bit pricey and I am sure you could make one for less than $30, I do like how simple they look.

I just thought it was kind of cool. I may buy or make one using plants used in aquariums or just normal plants. I like to bring some nature indoors since I work at home right now and even when I don't, I still have to spend most my day indoors.

·
Premium Member
4,840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My neighbor has one of those and she grows herbs in it all winter long. You probably could grow emersed aquatics in there, although I think that I's be more inclined to just use a regular tank for better humidity control around the plants and a more natural presentation.
You are defineatly the resident expert here. My thing is that I really have wanted to set up a riparium (most of it is your fault lol) but I can't justify the money first of all but space is a bigger concern. Maybe I am wrong but a 10 gallon or smaller, I just don't think I would have the same amount of fun. Plus, I have 4 hobbies I am really into, accouple others that I am sort of into so even maitanice is not fun.

I have been growing some plants in the backyard out of my tank. I have a 10 gallon pot that is submerged but has a small amount emmersed growth. I also have a smaller pot that is basically a few inches of water and plants. I think it looks cool and it just has a differnt look than any terrestial plants I have ever kept and it is super easy (I do bonsai but I am not great).

Even if I were to get one and do terristrial plants, I think my idea would be similar to a planted tank which is to pick a variety of plants and actually try to "terristrial" scape it into something cool looking. I just saw it and now it intregues me lol.

Sorry about all these long posts tonight, I write long things at work so I just start typing away some nights.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts