• Cory Cats

Votes: 19 70.4%
  • Kulhi Loach

Votes: 8 29.6%
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
I vote kuhli if you plan to get a lot. I had 5 black kuhli's and saw them sometimes...

My Corydora seem to come out a bit more so make a funner fish.

I made the mistake of getting both corydora and kuhli's in the same tank. They never fought, but my poor kuhli's were getting starved so now I have a 20 gallon with black kuhli loaches and bumble bee gobies, the two "mistake" fish I thought I could fit in my community tank.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I have a group of at least 12 kuhlis in a planted 29 gallon. They don't hide at all and they are constantly foraging for food.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah I got 6 right now in a 65 that is heavily planted and they are out all the time. Planning on getting more soon.

This was the fish that got me into aquariums, when I was very young my Aunt had one and I was fascinated by it's strange looks and behavior.

One cool thing about them is at least with mine I can tell them apart from the patterns on their body. I have one I call two face because one side of him has strips and the other side is all black.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Yeah I got 6 right now in a 65 that is heavily planted and they are out all the time. Planning on getting more soon.

This was the fish that got me into aquariums, when I was very young my Aunt had one and I was fascinated by it's strange looks and behavior.

One cool thing about them is at least with mine I can tell them apart from the patterns on their body. I have one I call two face because one side of him has strips and the other side is all black.
Obviously you're not a golfer

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just make sure that the rug really ties the tank together...
Actually its the moss wall in this case. Which the kuhlis love by the way!

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thats what I figured corys seem to be the "in" bottom feeder these days. Also there is a lot more variety within the species.

I think kuhlis are awesome and have such cool appearance and behavior, cories have never done it for me. IMHO

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I love cories and would love to try kuhli's as well but I'm pretty sure in my 90G I would never see them
I have 8 in a 65 and see at least one or two at anytime. The more you have the more comfortable they will be coming out.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts