The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
945 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the bad pic, they are super shy and were darting everywhere.
The pic doesn't portray the color right the upper area is very orange, the rest is a blue slate color.
They were labeled orange lasers, but were really pale in the store. My LFS was closing down and I got them real cheap. But I question what they are. I've had bronze cories before and they don't look like these guys. They were quarantined a month, and have really coloured up, but they are super shy. One looks like it has no barbels, but actually keeps them folded back all the time until it is foraging for food, then they are the same size as the other 3 fish. I've never noticed any of my other cories do that. There are 4 of them plus 20 Pygmy cories which I never see. I thought I lost all the Pygmy cories in quarantine, but when I removed some Java fern to catch them all, they were all accounted for. The tank is 30 long with only those fish plus a few shrimp.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,334 Posts
Sorry for the bad pic, they are super shy and were darting everywhere.
The pic doesn't portray the color right the upper area is very orange, the rest is a blue slate color.
They were labeled orange lasers, but were really pale in the store. My LFS was closing down and I got them real cheap. But I question what they are. I've had bronze cories before and they don't look like these guys. They were quarantined a month, and have really coloured up, but they are super shy. One looks like it has no barbels, but actually keeps them folded back all the time until it is foraging for food, then they are the same size as the other 3 fish. I've never noticed any of my other cories do that. There are 4 of them plus 20 Pygmy cories which I never see. I thought I lost all the Pygmy cories in quarantine, but when I removed some Java fern to catch them all, they were all accounted for. The tank is 30 long with only those fish plus a few shrimp.

Thanks

Not sure but they're awesome.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Corydoras melanotaenia

Common name is gold green cory. The are similar to the regular bronze color corys (Corydoras aeneus), but have a bit more elongated body and a yellow/golden tinge to their fins and body. A very nice looking cory when in good health. They are a fairly common cory, typically found between $3-5 a piece (sometimes even cheaper when on sale for 6+ groups).

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Those are a beautiful fish. I have some salt n pepper corys. I may add some of these as well.

·
Registered
2,862 Posts
Definitely not C. eques. I am sure they are C. melanotaenia. Corydoras are one fish genus I have researched to a fair degree. Ask on PlanetCatfish if you want experts to give you an ID.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts