The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you can, take a look at him with a magnifying glass. Does he have any lesions? Are any of the other fish acting odd? How long have you had him?
well 1 of my rainbow will sometime scratch his body on something but there nothing on the rainbow.. I got the Cory this last Saturday... :icon_neut

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
You should just leave hem alone, thats torture... Corys are nocturnal and normally they are not very active during the day. Give them cover so they can hide from the other fish and have shade.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Why do you annoy your corys with those pliers, even in other videos? Would you like if somebody would do that to you? They should take your fish away from you!! Offcourse they are stressed out!! What do you expect...

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
ok well he being fine for part of the day and then he was on his side and going in circle so... :icon_sad:
Stressed out from you torturing hem in every single way, no cover, no hiding place, no substrate, not enough buddies...

·
Registered
952 Posts
Catfish are nocturnal. They like to sleep all day. They will come out for feeding but try to keep it on the same schedule so they dont stress out more. Give him something to sleep in during the day that is cover from the light. It can be as simple as a pvc pipe. I recommend some kind of bottom layer. Cory's love to scavenge through it. Also, they do good in groups. IMO this is 5 minimum.

On top of this though, he isnt looking good. Have you done a decent water change recently?

·
Registered
297 Posts
When mine died (think it was parasites) they would go to the top like they were trying to get air, then they would just float back down like a dead leaf. They only lasted for a few days after I noticed them doing this.

But they were eating and swimming around just fine for months before this happend.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Why do you annoy your corys with those pliers, even in other videos? Would you like if somebody would do that to you? They should take your fish away from you!! Offcourse they are stressed out!! What do you expect...
Stressed out from you torturing hem in every single way, no cover, no hiding place, no substrate, not enough buddies...
HE HAS 3 other cory with him!
DOES this look like he FINE! He died last night... :icon_mad:

Blue Fish Fish products Marine biology Ray-finned fish

Wood Terrestrial plant Fish Butterfly Plant

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Catfish are nocturnal. They like to sleep all day. They will come out for feeding but try to keep it on the same schedule so they dont stress out more. Give him something to sleep in during the day that is cover from the light. It can be as simple as a pvc pipe. I recommend some kind of bottom layer. Cory's love to scavenge through it. Also, they do good in groups. IMO this is 5 minimum.

On top of this though, he isnt looking good. Have you done a decent water change recently?
I did a water change on the 21st he was fine then.. :icon_cry:

·
Registered
952 Posts
Not every fish makes it. Hopefully the future corys do better. He might've had an internal parasite or disease that is hard to identify or treat. Sometimes you just gotta let them go.

·
Registered
72 Posts
crud having the vary same problem with one of my corydoras paucaradatus. but not to that extent. No lesions and a great planted home with plenty of hiding places. It only happens after i feed them. he has been like this for 2 weeks. Everyone else in the tank is fine. Looks like i will go from 10 to 9 soon.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
crud having the vary same problem with one of my corydoras paucaradatus. but not to that extent. No lesions and a great planted home with plenty of hiding places. It only happens after i feed them. he has been like this for 2 weeks. Everyone else in the tank is fine. Looks like i will go from 10 to 9 soon.
yeah mine had hemorrhagic septicemia... but every one else is fine and my water too.. :icon_neut

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.