The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Post your parameters: Ammonia, Nitrite, Nitrate, pH, KH, GH, and temperature.
Also your substrate, plants (if any), filtration, and anything else about your tank.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
Looks like theres no enough space at the bottom of the tank for the cotys to swim, that might be the cause of death. I hear that they do need a good deal of swimming space at the bottom, ive never had an issue with this though, could be one of the problems

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
I think the water quality is poor because the tank is overstocked. Newest fish can be the ones that suffer most in that situation and corydoras are larger fish than they look.

My corydoras are on a heavily planted clay substrate. Not much actual bottom and what is there is rough. Their barbels are just fine.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
kathyy my tank is actually understocked its just the angel of the pic its an 7.8 gal fluval with 5 rasboras 2 otto cats 2 mollies and 1 cory cat i dont think its overstocked ive had more fish in there before with no prob: to somewhat my parameters all check out ok i tested a couple days ago and everything was fine

·
Registered
415 Posts
Also how much CO2 are you injecting? Sometimes fish need a slow intro to a tank with a lot of CO2.

Sent from my MB865 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Everyone's making a lot of effort to help. Should really get a handle on the tank parameters first if one decides to go high tech with co2 otherwise it looks like you are trying to run a marathon while wearing diapers and baby booties. very ambitious but doomed to fail.

·
Super Moderator
16,941 Posts
What does "fine" mean?

You'll need to be specific so people can help you solve the problem for which you are asking for help.

Please provide the following numbers:

Ammonia
Nitrite
Nitrate
pH
GH
KH
TDS
Temperature
Specifics about any fertilizer used
Specifics about any other additive used

my parameters all check out ok i tested a couple days ago and everything was fine

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
strips dont test for ammonia
subsyrate is fluval stratnum
Nitrite 20
Nitrate 0
pH7.0
GH180
KH40
Temperature75
Specifics about any fertilizer used seachem flourish
Specifics about any other additive used none
co2 is at about 1 to 1.5 bps

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.