The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Came home to on of my large female cories laying eggs everywhere. It was pretty cool to watch wish I was better prepared. As I would have liked to attempt to save a few of the eggs and attempt to raise the fry. However all of my other tank occupants ate them up rather quickly.

When it comes time for another one of my cories to lay eggs I had a few questions. Should I remove the leafs and set them in a net breeder or something? Also will my cherry shrimp eat the eggs? If not will they eat the fungus that sometimes appears?

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Congrats! I'm sure they will spawn again soon. Check out the thread's in my sig for some breeding tips. I've had success with leaving the eggs in the tank and also removing them. If the other tank occupants are eating the eggs then it's likely the fry won't survive even if they do hatch. So removing them might be your best bet. What kind of corys are they?

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Congrats! I'm sure they will spawn again soon. Check out the thread's in my sig for some breeding tips. I've had success with leaving the eggs in the tank and also removing them. If the other tank occupants are eating the eggs then it's likely the fry won't survive even if they do hatch. So removing them might be your best bet. What kind of corys are they?
I have Peppered,Peppered Longfin, Albino, and Bronze. But the one that was laying the eggs was a Bronze. Really just want to raise them to see if I can.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
I've managed grow about 20 to adulthood, both peppered and emerald cory's as that's what I started with. A net breeder works but there's definitely some better ways to do it if you'd like to have more then 2 eggs hatch out of 50+. I can't think of the threads off hand but definitely check tuffgongs and search around here. The best thing I've seen is a floating pad on the surface with an airstone underneath.

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So Tuffgong,
How much you want for a couple of those Sterbai? I cant find them anywhere locally.

·
Banned
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've managed grow about 20 to adulthood, both peppered and emerald cory's as that's what I started with. A net breeder works but there's definitely some better ways to do it if you'd like to have more then 2 eggs hatch out of 50+. I can't think of the threads off hand but definitely check tuffgongs and search around here. The best thing I've seen is a floating pad on the surface with an airstone underneath.
I have to say I don't want to go to great lengths or anything. I did a little research though. Anyone ever use those egg tumblers? I suppose 2 out of 50 is better then none for now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts