The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
*Update:

So my babies basically exploded. I've got more than 15+ of the little guys running all over the place. As a man, I believe it's safe to say that I'm squealing like a little girl. When they get older... They're going to be breeding all over the place.

I would point out Bob, but I've got a 6.6666666666666%+ chance of being wrong. I know it's blury, but give me a break. These little jerks move so fast.

By the way, there is four of the corys in that picture. Believe it.

*End update.

I've just spent the last hour and a half breaking my back for cory eggs. I literally noticed them an hour and forty minutes ago.

I'm really thinking about taking pictures and plastering them all over the place as they grow up, I feel one of those overprotective fathers. I backhanded a few fish to get them off the eggs.

I'm googling all over the place, I'm so excited. XD I've got a batch of about... 20 or so eggs. I think I may have crushed a few, I tried to go as slow as I can but I don't know. Oh man... Let's pray for the best.

On another note... I saw a snail. One adult snail. The tears...

Update: Three eggs just hatched, I've also added about 30 more eggs. I'm not exaggerating, I've already pulled 9 clutches of eggs over the course of 3 days. The bottom is a picture of a fry. I've named him Bob. Won't shrimp eat the baby cory fry if they get a hold of them though?

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
=D I've already started naming them. #1 is the black spec, #2 is the one on the right...

·
Registered
403 Posts
YAY! I just had 3 of my cory eggs hatch, and 5 more hopefully about to hatch! They are SOOOO teeny when they hatch! I have a very hard time seeing them. Good luck, my first batch all fuzzed over, this one I put more flow in my breeder net and they've been hatching. I couldn't believe they were smaller than my endler/guppy fry!

Keep us updated, and I hope you get some of your eggs to hatch!

·
Registered
1,266 Posts
When my cories lay eggs I put the eggs in a breeder box with some cherry shrimp. They keep the eggs clean and can't eat them. They are tiny when they're born. Hard to see unless you stare for a while.

·
Registered
884 Posts
cory babies

Congrats!
found eggs myself the other day. put them in my with my blue rilli tank, which has rams horn snails. well found the snail making a meal out of the eggs.:( put the rest of the eggs in a net on the rim of the tank, so they sat in the water out of harms way. this morning i found like four maybe five babies. very tiny critters kind of reminds me of mosquito larvae.

cheers,
big o

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When my cories lay eggs I put the eggs in a breeder box with some cherry shrimp. They keep the eggs clean and can't eat them. They are tiny when they're born. Hard to see unless you stare for a while.
Updated with pictures of Bob. Won't cherry shrimp eat the fry if they get their hands on them?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.