The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So a bit of background, my cornsnake prefers higher heat but I can't go over about 50% humidity. I had drought resistant plants in it but the place I was renting had a house fire (I got my snake out and hes safe and sound)and I had to evacuate so the plants died and froze. I had a springtail culture that was doing well but they didn't make it! I had replaced the soil due to the smoke but I kept the insulation foam as I worked really hard on it. Its been over a year now and I still can't get it back to how it was before and my snake keeps getting into the drainage layer. I got a mist king that waters the tank regularly and i spray it down but it still drys up or the plants i have die. Can't put much more cause of character limit. Any advice is much appreciated.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
So a bit of background, my cornsnake prefers higher heat but I can't go over about 50% humidity. I had drought resistant plants in it but the place I was renting had a house fire (I got my snake out and hes safe and sound)and I had to evacuate so the plants died and froze. I had a springtail culture that was doing well but they didn't make it! I had replaced the soil due to the smoke but I kept the insulation foam as I worked really hard on it. Its been over a year now and I still can't get it back to how it was before and my snake keeps getting into the drainage layer. I got a mist king that waters the tank regularly and i spray it down but it still drys up or the plants i have die. Can't put much more cause of character limit. Any advice is much appreciated.
So I keep dart frogs not snakes so take that with a grain of salt. Can you put your plants in pots and use a more moisture retaining soil in the pot like sphagnum moss and peat moss? You should also check with snake forums as well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts