The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I was perusing Ebay looking for a couple sponge filters, then I came across the Corner filter/Box filter. Here is the picture. Any thoughts on using one of these guys in shrimp tank? I thought this might be cheaper and better for a shrimp tank. My worry is the pee wees will try to get in the filter and get stuck. Please let me know your experiences

Thank you

·
ღ Miss ShrimpTastic! ஐ...
2,606 Posts
I would vote for Sponge because shrimps can pick directly on it ;)

·
Registered
1,393 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was thinking so too, I have sponges in all my tanks currently. I was wondering if anyone tried this filter and if it sucked up any shrimplets? or shrimp? I was wondering if it would be more cost effective to do these. I have all my tanks either planted or just untangled jungle style of java moss/pellia. Just wondering thoughts.

Seems everyone likes there sponge filters. How long till any of you guys replace your 1 of the 2 sponges. I have the dual one, everyone seems to have.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I would think the box filter would be better at mechanical filtration and the sponge filter better at biological filtration.It would also depend on what kind of media you plan to put in the box...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.