The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My cories have been flashing.. normally they flash at least once a day, so it didn't cause much concern.. but today I watched 4 of them have intense 5 minute flashing episodes... After it was over they went back to normal and havent flashed in hours... But it was intense enough to know that something was really bothering them. My levels are perfect, and I cant find a single sign of disease or parasite... Any idea what could be causing it...? I want to avoid medicating without cause...

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
I think I have observed the behavior you are speaking about. I just kept an eye on it and it seemed to stop. If your parameters are good and the corys are still eating all you can really do, other than QT, is watch and wait.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
They may be ready to start breeding.
Agreed. The first time I saw my corys getting ready to breed I thought something was wrong with them too. It was like they went crazy. Hopefully, Eldachleich, cory fry will be the next problem you have to deal with and not something serious and expensive.:thumbsup:

·
Registered
465 Posts
Well theres no proven reason that fish flash, but often times ive observed it done as a mating ritual or when they are hungry and try to stir up food, often from not enough nutrients, in the wild they can flash against rocks to stir up plant matter or micro organisms. Just a thought :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts