The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been researching a new t5 HO fixture form my 75g. There are many options out there. I'm considering a "Linear" kit from AHSupply, but not really feeling a DIY project now that summer is nearly over. I stumbled on this CoralVue fixture that seems to have all the bells and whistles (side and hanging mounts included, dimmable semi-sexy moonlights, and quality reflectors.) Reviews look positive from others out there: One Two.

Do any of you have experience with this product and care to share? Feel free to PM me if you fear the long arm of a Lawyer.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have ferts (EI), [email protected], and marginal 4x32 T8 shop lighting on this tank at present. The plants are growing relatively well, but some of my higher light sp are not looking their "best" (e.g. R. Macrandra, Ludwigia Inclinata sp. 'Cuba', S. 'Belem'). Looking to start the "carpeting phase" of the 'scape after increasing lighting intensity.

I feel well versed in lighting parameters thanks to Hoppy et. al. I intend to use only 2 bulbs off this kit at anyone time, unless otherwise needed. I like this light as it has a good spread between bulb 1 and 4, has moon lighting built in, and comes with mounting/suspension hardware.

I'd be very happy to get a 2x54w HO setup, but often times the spread on these are less than optimal.... Which leaves me with a DIY fixture (which is still not out of the question) or a pre-fab that has at least 10" between outermost bulbs.

Any other suggestions are appreciated?

:redface:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.