The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently transferred my 5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon. Currently, I am lighting the tank with a desk lamp, but I want use this light, but I have a question. Since it comes with a 50/50 bulb (which is useless for a planted tank), if I get it I will need to get a replacement bulb. Do any of you know where I can find any?

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Many on line shops sell PC tubes that will do.
You may have to drop to a 24 watt tube though. If the physical length fits, a 32 watt will work fine too.

The pin layout - 4 square or 4 linear will help narrow your choice.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
I recently transferred my 5 gallon tank to a 10 gallon. Currently, I am lighting the tank with a desk lamp, but I want use this light, but I have a question. Since it comes with a 50/50 bulb (which is useless for a planted tank), if I get it I will need to get a replacement bulb. Do any of you know where I can find any?
I have that same fixture over a 10g. I've had it for a long time. It does a good job on a 10g.

It is too bad that they only make a saltwater version when they have a 28w 6700K bulb in their lineup.

There are many bulbs that you can use. It uses square pin bulbs.

It will run 28w, 32w, 36w and 40w bulbs. The ballast is rated for 40w and it will hold bulbs up to around 17" in length.

My favorite bulb is Current's 40w dual daylight 6700K/10,000K. Current also has a 32w version. http://current-usa.com/sunpaq.html

Here are some other bulbs:
28w/32w 6700K
28w/32w 10,000K
36w 8000K (ADA)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts