The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 20 long and am soon switching to a 29 gallon, still 30 inches long. I found a deal on a 36 inch Coralife T5 HO dual bulb light, not sure of the wattage yet. Is there any way this will work on a 30 inch tank?

·
Registered
376 Posts
Sure. I have a 24" light over a 12" tank at the moment. Best way to do it is to suspend the fixture, it looks less odd and give better spread/control.

Make sure the coralife light is T5HO, not T5 normal output. Coralife just recently started making the T5HO, but has made the T5NO for several years.

·
Banned
2,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the links. interesting.

Since I haven't bought the light yet, i'll probably wait and get the right length. I still need to do some research to make sure the light will do what I need.

I would prefer a Coralife t5 HO 2x31 watts. This way I can run it low tech with only 1 bulb on and use them both when I get around to DIY C02. Would 62 watts over 29 gallons be enough to grow dwarf hairgrass?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.