The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have any issues getting through to Coralife? I know Central Aquatics has bought them out but it's insane trying to get someone to talk to you.

Running 2 30" Double Strip Lights through them and ordered 4 bulbs from BigAl's back in june, all but 1 of the bulbs have blown out on me, i'm past the 30 days for BigAl's which is fine, but every time I try to reach Central Aquatics I either get told their tech support line is busy by the operator or they tell me to leave a voicemail.. i've left 3 voicemails and called 6 times in 2 days.

WTF? So, they're taking calls, but not returning any? I'm feeling as if I'm being avoided.

Anyone else have any experience with them? I want some new bulbs, there's no reason 3 bulbs should burn out within 3 months, and if they say it's the fixture.. then it's their fixture to begin with.. so they can send me a new one of those too. :angryfire:angryfire:angryfire:angryfire

·
Registered
758 Posts
Man that stinks!

Is there any way you are getting moisture in the fixture? Do you run an airstone at night? When I did that in the past, I got moisture inside the lens and a bulb blew prematurely, and after a few months the straight pin female piece rusted along with all internal screws.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've checked for that, I have the lens cover on it and i've looked for indication of moisture inside and there doesn't appear to be any what so ever.

No airstone at night or anything like that, the only thing it could even possibly be would be my koralia nano, which is under water.. not to mention the fixture that's primarily blowing the bulbs is on the front half of the tank, so not near the nano.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, i've looked into the catalina fixtures once before.. they're just so damn pricey. I understand it's totally worth it, but at the time when I bought them up until now, I just don't have the money to drop on one.. it'd be nice though.

·
Registered
743 Posts
T5 or PC? i got 2 fixture PC here . and so far i dont had any problem with them , before i swicth to coralife i was used the JBJ PC fxiture and compare to that i gave coralife fixture a both thump up. when i just got my first fixture i broke one of the legs i did called them and got in touch , they sent me a new set but that was long times ago.. g/l sorry for it to happed to u

·
Registered
767 Posts
I had nothing but problems with coralife fixtures. I switched to Catalina Solar T5's and haven't looked back. Coralife's customer service was terrible. I would switch to these guys.
http://www.catalinaaquarium.com/

sorry that is happening to you.. it sucks
same here,i,ve gone thru 4 coralife fixtures and a fishneedit fixture.NEVER AGAIN.i know own 3 catalina fixtures.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
T5 or PC?
it's a t5 fixture

Well, this is crap =(. Yesterday when I spoke to BigAl's the girl I spoke with told me to give her a call if they weren't getting back to me. I've tried once more since originally posting this message, and they sent me back to their voicemail. So honestly I think the only time their tech support line is busy is when he wants to call a friend.. because they're certainly not answering for customers.

Called BigAl's, waiting for the girl who I spoke with to get back from lunch so she can call me back, maybe she'll have better luck.

·
Banned
1,086 Posts
I've called and emailed Central owned companies twice in the past and never did receive a return call or reply. It seems they have a way of buying good companies and laying off the sales and support teams that made the company successful.

SteveU

·
Registered
390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
WOW... so.. finally after calling and calling and calling them, I finally got ahold of apparently the only support guy they have working. Sent him a copy of my receipt from BigAl's through e-mail.. without trouble they agreed to replace and ship ALL the bulbs that I bought, not just the ones burned out.

So even though they are absolutely ridiculous trying to get ahold of them... atleast they honor their products... well bulbs anyway. If these burn out, i guess we'll see what happens then... hopefully NOT.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts