The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was recently given a 48 " Coralife Aqualight deluxe series double linear strip light fixture. The box states that it's ideal for salt water, reef and freshwater aquariums. I would like to use this on my low tech planted 50g community tank. Currently one out of 2 -10,000 K 65 W fluorescent bulb works, along with half of each of the 2 Actinic bulbs. The fixture has separate switches for the 10,000 K and the Actinic bulbs, so they can be used independently. So my question is can I use this fixture as is with either one, or both lights on, on my freshwater community tank? or is it worth trying to sell and get something different? I did a quick search online, but this appears to be an older model fixture, and I can't find any details about it. Thanks for your help!

·
Carpe Diem
7,562 Posts
I believe I have the same fixture in 36" (minimal resale value, if any).

Yes, you can use it. I would certainly replace the acinic bulbs with something in the 6.5K range or redder. In my experience, this fixture has underpowered ballasts, meaning that you can use all 4 bulbs on your 50g without getting into too much light. Overall, not a bad fixture - enjoy.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.