The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I received mine this morning and first, it wouldn't turn on at all (bulbs too cold, maybe?). I get home today (5 hours later) and the ends of the tubes light up orange, it flickers, then it comes on. All is fine and dandy, then it starts flickering on and off and is at current completely off and flickering. Anyone else have these weird issues with new lights?

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I recently ordered the 30" unit. My first one has been fine (have only had it two weeks or so) but I haven't run my 2nd one. I don't have the tank set up for it yet - all I did was plug it in to be sure it worked. I may run it over the empty tank anyhow - I hope these lights don't have problems! I did notice the 2nd light fixture's pink bulb was a deeper pink than the 1st unit's. I didn't know if that evened out after running a bit since I've never had these before...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dunno what's wrong with this one. The bulbs won't turn on at all now, they get extremely hot, the fixture above the lights gets quite hot (on the ends) and the bulbs look like they're on fire (there's orange light at the ends of each bulb). Sent Ken's an email describing the problem. At least for the 5 minutes that it worked it looked great. :rolleyes: Here's the fixture at current:

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
I don't know a thing about anything that works with electricity - that's why it scares me so! I don't know where you got it, but I'd be shipping it right back.
On a side note, I ran my 2nd unit for an hour or so today, and the pink bulb leveled out & now looks like my other fixture. I wish other Coralife T5NO owners would chime in and let us know how their fixtures worked out for them...

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, like I said I already sent Ken's an email about the faulty fixture. I figured that the bulbs were just cold from shipping but I guess that wasn't the problem. It was packaged extremely well (much larger box, TONS of packing peanuts completely encasing it)....I wonder what went wrong?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.