The Planted Tank Forum banner

Coralife 48" fixture...One fan not working?

1175 Views 8 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  tropicalfish
I just noticed one of the fans isn't working. This is the four bulb model. The fan that isn't working looks like it never worked..(The working fan is covered with dust). Should I be concerned? I have had this light for 6-7 mos and just now noticed this. Should I replace the fan? Will it be alright with just one fan?(It has done ok so far)...
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Bump. Anyone have any experience with these fixtures?
I've got the same fizture, it dosent work on mine as well...
I took mine apart as I saw that one fan wasn't working.
Seems like the fan blade portion of it was pulled up from the center to make it look like a fan that is supposed to work, but it won't spin because it isn't seated properly. Push the blades and the center thing all the way down to make sure that it will work. There should be a small space (approximately 1mm or less) between the blade center and the green circuit board.
I took mine apart as I saw that one fan wasn't working.
Seems like the fan blade portion of it was pulled up from the center to make it look like a fan that is supposed to work, but it won't spin because it isn't seated properly. Push the blades and the center thing all the way down to make sure that it will work. There should be a small space (approximately 1mm or less) between the blade center and the green circuit board.
So you got yours to work? At least I know I am not the only one with this experience...
Yes, I did get it to work.
So the fan motor is turning but the fan isn't seated down on the shaft? How hard is it to take apart and fix?
Mine does not work as well...it's been like that since i got it, but i figured it was normal. The fan only works when the front bulbs are on.

JP
Pretty much, the blade shaft is not seated onto the motor all the way. Just take out the fan assembly, remove the fan, push the shaft down, and put it back.

Since the fans are on the left, open up the left black panel. Locate which fan is the broken one. There are small tabs holding the fan grille stuff in place. Push the tabs and take out the fan grille assembly.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.