The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I bought a Coralife fluorescent Lamp (15w)to replace my "All Glass Aquarium" light and I was wondering if this will make my plants grow a bit faster. It says its 50% natural daylight 6000k and 50% true actinic 03 blue, but not sure if I should keep this light if it's going to make any difference. I have CO2 running as well as good substrate. I'm trying not to replace my hood with a different lighting, but by any chance do you guys any other fluorecent lamps that will also get the job done? Thanks!

Eric

·
Registered
614 Posts
I've been using 18" T8s rated at 5,500K. I've been able to grow HC, rotalas, mosses, dwarf sag, java ferns, anubias, etc. I just ordered a 10,000K from Coralife the other day. I'm kind of in the same boat that you're in because I'm unsure of what its impact will be. As far as I know, actinic isn't of much use in a planted tank. Who knows though, maybe you'll discover something great about actinic.

Good luck,

Charlie

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've been using 18" T8s rated at 5,500K. I've been able to grow HC, rotalas, mosses, dwarf sag, java ferns, anubias, etc. I just ordered a 10,000K from Coralife the other day. I'm kind of in the same boat that you're in because I'm unsure of what its impact will be. As far as I know, actinic isn't of much use in a planted tank. Who knows though, maybe you'll discover something great about actinic.

Good luck,

Charlie
Charlie,

Thanks for taking a look at my post. So your T8, it's rated at 15w? I just got mine today and it's 15w so I hope by 1 week or so I can see some sort of difference. With the crappy lighting I got that came with the tank was horrible, I saw some growing, but it took twice as long. :( Thanks for the input!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts