The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Being that I"m a uber-n00b, can anyone tell me if my lights will be adequate for my tank?

I have 2 48" coral life t5 NO fixtures. One is 6700k, the other is 10000k. They are 28 watt bulbs, giving me a whopping 112 watts.

I have a 65L which is the same footprint as a 55, but taller. I believe it's like 24" tall.

I'm thinking that I don't really have enough light, but not 100% sure. I am lowtech all the way, and not trying to grow anything hard. Java fern, anubias nana, anubias petite, hygro, R. rotundifolia, some moss (don't have yet) and maybe some other easy stuff... oh yeah, have some val and jungle val in there....

I want some onions... maybe some limnophilia... whatever else i can get to grow I guess...

I have been dosing excel and flourish comprehensive.... everything in the tank so far seems to be doing well.... I run the lights 10+ hours a day.

Suggestions please!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I use one of those fixtures on a 55 and seems to be enought with the low light plants you seem to have listed. 10+ hours seems like alot for a lighting period. I'm running 8 hours now. Be careful excel seems to melt vals

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hmmm... thanks for the inputs.. maybe I need to invest in a switch for the lights.. and I actually only run ONE of the lights all day, then flip on the other when I get home.. I havne't had problesm with the VAL yet, other than I can't keep in planted... :( Need to deepen my substrate...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.