The Planted Tank Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering would these be good for Rummynose tetras, hatchet fish, cory cats, bettas and German Blue Rams?

Could they be housed together?

Or could I do a 2lt bottle for each instead of a tank [might be easier as I don't have much room/ unless they don't need light]?

Or could I just put them in the 75g SA [before I get the fish] and get a nice populating going [assumming they would not eat my sword plants, as thats mostly what the tank will be]??

Sorry for all the questions :)

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Copepods and scuds can be kept together. I'd be afraid the scuds would eat the daphnia. Scuds eat pretty much anything and everything: plant, animal, or thing, they don't differentiate. In in a planted tank, I would not introduce a large colony of scuds into your tank unless you have some loaches or cory's to help keep the population down.

I have scuds growing in a bucket with an airstone and plant trimmings. Daphnia can grow in a bucket outside in the sun(with green water).

·
Registered
104 Posts
Hi,
I have scuds and monia daphnia growing together in a 30 gal container outside (with duckweed and anachris). I don't know if the scuds are eating the
daphnia... but there always seems to be a lot of them.

"I was wondering would these be good for Rummynose tetras, hatchet fish, cory cats, bettas and German Blue Rams?"

Yes. They will absolutely love them!

Cheers,
Batch

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
Daphnia are wonderful to feed fish, and you can gut-load them too, which I find is a plus.
The scuds on the other hand, can be devastating to your plants. Your java moss and the like will be eaten down. Scuds do like their leafy greens, haha, and once introduced to a planted tank, can populate out of control. If you decide to feed your fish scuds, I'd feed only a few at a time to fish that can fit them in thier mouths. Like stated above, unless you have a fish that will scourge the substrate, you may want to stay away from Scuds.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts