The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
344 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Summer is getting closer and wanted to know everyone's thoughts. I'm definitely going to be using fans as a cooling system. I really don't want to have a fan for each tank and was hoping this to work.

Use a small seal container with a fan on top ( were the lid goes ) drill a hole and add some PVC and direct the air to each individual tank. I'm sure the air might not be distributed equally, but wanted to know if anyone has ever thought of this.

thanks,

Attachments

·
Banned
1,377 Posts
I think heat distribution on the PVC will cool most of the cooling the fan and cooler does. Plus you would have to get a really strong fan to get any movement
yup you'll lose a lof the the cooling temp on the run to the tanks because the PVC will be warmer. better off with 3 clip on fans for sure.

its only 3 tanks wont cost much $15 a fan. I just bought a bunch earlier this week because its mid 90s this week in LA. even the cool part of town where I live is warm.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I use 12 volt fans with an AC adapter that are used to cool a computer processor or power supply. They are very slim, quiet, and since they are only 12 volts DC there is not a shock hazard using around water.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts