The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If I were to put a coolie loach in my planted tank will they uproot my ground cover plants?

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
NAAAH...I have 4 of them and my cover is fine. They like to wrap themselves up in my stems too...lol
Love the playful little buggers.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
If I were to put a coolie loach in my planted tank will they uproot my ground cover plants?
No big , you prolly know this, and I suppose some use the common name coolie. The more common name is: Kuhlii loach or the scientific name is "Pangio kuhlii", FYI.
Fish Profile for Kuhlii Loach, Coolie Loach (Pangio kuhlii)

I love these guys, though I rarely see them, except at night. I have three of them, I think? LOL :smile:

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
I am watching two of mine right now doing alps around the tank. They crack me up. One of mine jumped when I took a piece of manzanita with thin-leaf java fern on it that I sold, and I didn't notice. 20 mins later, My kitty had something in her mouth and was batting it around....when i looked, it was a one of my kuhlis but almost white <covered in Persian kitty hair> I pucked him up and took the hair off and dropped him back in my tank, and off he went. I cannot believe he is doing fine....what a resilient bugger.

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
I am watching two of mine right now doing alps around the tank. They crack me up. One of mine jumped when I took a piece of manzanita with thin-leaf java fern on it that I sold, and I didn't notice. 20 mins later, My kitty had something in her mouth and was batting it around....when i looked, it was a one of my kuhlis but almost white <covered in Persian kitty hair> I pucked him up and took the hair off and dropped him back in my tank, and off he went. I cannot believe he is doing fine....what a resilient bugger.
That's a good story Lynn. I have a couple of kittens here, hmm... LOL

1 - 6 of 6 Posts