The Planted Tank Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, my parents tell me that the 10 gallon I had at home more or less has no surviving fish in it. Since they plants and all have been doing poor and I have extra organic potting mix, I figure I'll just re-do the whole tank.

This tank is probably going to have a lot of stems, and maybe some sort of ground cover plant. I'm not sure the exact list yet but I do know I'd love some difficult Rotala and Ludwigia.

I'm not 100% sur what livestock I'd want in this tank however. I'm thinking I might want to go back to pygmy cories, but the small gourami species and the wild type betta species kind of interest me, along with other nano predators..........and then endlers are cool as well, along with dwarf frogs, not to mention the plethora of small schooling fish that exist out there.

I need ideas before I undergo another case of collectoritis.

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
For stem plants you could probably go Rotala, or Hygro, or a Ludwigia, and for a ground cover i think that Dwarf Hair Grass looks the bast when it roots and carpets.

·
Registered
3,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
....this is the fish section.....I want to know about fish ideas XD

though as far as plants, I don't want DHG cause I have it in another tank already, so I'd love to try something new, maybe that clover fern since I've already done glosso. And I def want some of the rarer varieties of ludwigia and rotala, maybe some other rare stems as well.

as far as tech, it's going to start low tech I guess, but I'd love to get a Ray II light (I have one on my 5.5) and go high lighting with DIY co2

but yah, fish ideas anyone? lol

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Boraras spp., Badis spp. endlers, guppies, ruby tetras... Any smaller fish that catches your eye.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts