·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
This is one dell of a heal!

I suppose that you know that the fixture contains two 10,000K bulbs and two 460nm actinic bulbs.
http://current-usa.com/node/27

I ordered the last one. This is too good of a deal to pass up even if you have to replace one or two bulbs. I've been wanting to get an aquarium with a 36x18 footprint anyway.

Thanks a bunch DrinkTheYeastMix!!

PS: I hope the individual reflectors are good.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
HAHAHA so stoked that you guys are gobbling them up. I was gonna wait to start acquiring everything for a new setup but when I saw that price I had to :icon_mrgr...

This is one dell of a heal!

I suppose that you know that the fixture contains two 10,000K bulbs and two 460nm actinic bulbs.
I've been wanting to get an aquarium with a 36x18 footprint anyway.
Yeah even swapping out the bulbs still=good deal. I should know I've spent the majority of the previous 3 days pricing what i'll need for a new 40 breeder.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
According to check-out, I got the last one. I checked after I paid and it said that no more are available.

This fixture is going to give me a reason to get a 40BR and an All-Glass (Aqueon) Black Pine Stand. My LFS sent me a coupon that any item will be 20% off and the tank and stand were in stock. :thumbsup: :icon_mrgr

·
Registered
548 Posts
Nice, I'm so jealous of you people who just purchased them. :( Either way, my parents won't let me purchase the fixture. :(

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
wow.... Gone within minutes LOL.

How much was it?

Nvm, found the other thread for it.
Subtotal of Items: $59.99
Shipping & Handling: $9.99
------
Total for this Order: $69.98

$70 is not a bad deal for a new 36" 4x39w fixture with individual reflectors.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Lol, they might've screwed up on the pricing. the 2x39w nova extreme is 89.99. Maybe it was 169.99 or something. But really good buy!

·
Banned
5,009 Posts
Lol, they might've screwed up on the pricing. the 2x39w nova extreme is 89.99. Maybe it was 169.99 or something. But really good buy!
Even if it is a typo, these big chain stores (like TFP) will still honor the listed price.

They have enough volume of products sold so that it doesn't really hurt them.

I've purchased products from ThatFishPlace.com for many years and I have 0 complaints. They do a great job. They use FedEx instead of UPS.

PayPal closed me out at a price with shipping of $69.98.

The Drs have it sale for $175.99 plus shipping. This is a deal!! I saved $112 on an aquarium that I don't even own at this point of time. :).

Hey ... the Ds have a flat rate shipping of $5.95 until Dec 31. Heavy, oversized, etc are at the same price.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow, that's one incredible deal on that Nova Extreme. Lucky you. I guaranty the input clerk inadvertently omitted the 1 in the hundreds column. Bet it was supposed to be $159.99

Poor kids' gonna lose her job :frown:

I once had a find like this on a calcium reactor at Marine Depot. So many people jumped on it that they also went out of stock. Next day I received a phone call from MD saying there was a typo and they weren't honoring the price. They did offer me a $5 coupon off my next order. whoopdedoo

swimmer

·
ShrimpRetirement
8,313 Posts
What a Steal! How'd I miss this thread, geezhuz!

Well... you guys will love the fixture if it's anything like my 2x39 Nova Extreme. Reflectors could be better, but they do have a mirror finish to them. Just keep an eye on the bulb mounts. I had to readjust one of mine because it was spaced too far apart from the factory. Otherwise, it's the best bang for your buck t5ho fixture out there.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
I have the Nova Extreme 4x39 watt. It doesn't really have individual reflectors. It is one reflector that is bent around each of the 4 bulbs. It still puts out more than adequate light though. I run it on a 46 Gallon Bow which is about 21" tall and I can grow everything that I have tried so far. Right now I have 2 Geissmann Mid Day 6000k and 2 GE Starcoat 6500K bulbs in there. I chose them for the PAR rating and the color combination looks good to my eyes. The only thing I didn't like about the Nova Extreme 4X39 is the fan was extremely loud. I replaced it with a 40 mm computer fan and it is tolerable now. If you did get the light for the stated price, it is indeed worth it. If you look at the replacement part prices, 2 ballasts for that light is over $80.00. I do not know if they are Programmed start though, kind of doubt it.

Anyway congrats on the good buy.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That was a smokin deal!
I think alot of LFS are ditching Current stuff cheap as they are afraid of Currents condition business wise.
I know they are restructuring their business right now, but those lights work great, and I'm sure they will still honor warranty issues.
Only issue could be getting new bulbs from them later on, but I usually rec using a better bulb anyway.
Nice score.

·
Banned
5,009 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
I ordered the last one. This is too good of a deal to pass up even if you have to replace one or two bulbs. I've been wanting to get an aquarium with a 36x18 footprint anyway.
Darn! I missed out! And I already have 4 36x18x18 (50g) tanks, 2 of them sitting empty...but they are old hehe...prolly need to get a nice new tank for a planted display...:tongue:

Anyway grats to all who scored this deal!!! :proud:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts